Tuesday 1 June 2010

My Mobile Phone History

Ok so I have had the HTC HD2 since March now and i have got to say the best phone I have ever had, the obsession with phones started way back when I was 16, with the Ericsson GA 628 , Then Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, Nokia 8210, Nokia 6310i, Nokia 7210, Sony Ericsson T68i, Sony Ericsson P900, Sony Ericsson P910, Sony Ericsson P990, Sony Ericsson M600, Nokia N93i, Sony Ericsson P1, Sony Ericsson K810, Nokia N95, BlackBerry Pearl 8120, BlackBerry Curve 8900, HTC Touch Diamond, Also in that list somewhere I don't remember when in the time-scale but also owned the NEC produced by the network 3 for the first video calling phones, (boy was they crap lol), an Apple Iphone, Sony Ericsson X1 and I think that about wraps it up really, So as you can see I have had a few phones in 11 years lol.

The first phones were just phones really as we all know and remember very well, until I got the p900 i thought a phone was to call people on, but oh was i wrong the device was amazing for its time, packed with what I still class as the best mobile phone OS yet UIQ, followed by the rest of the P-series phones the upgraded p910, then it kind of went downhill with the p-990 that was a bad phone in every way, the design was horrible the specification was dreadful, then we got onto the P1i which IMO I think was amazing and the best phone out on the market even though it was now UIQ3 and not many apps for it and a OS that was simply dead on arrival which was such a shame for a excellent device that could do everything an iphone could do before it was even released. (and yet people still think the iphone is the best device ever).

The P1i is still one of my favourite phones and i still own one now and it still works as good as release day, so works out to be the longest I have ever owned the same phone. I owned a selection of second line phones as I call them, like the BB's which are nice phones for communication but not really good for much else, Games maps really not there best feature. I then moved on to the HTC device first time I had used a Windows Mobile and have to say what a great little device the Touch Diamond was indeed, all be it a tad on the small side really to be able to do any thing productive with it a great phone to start off with, then it brings me to my HD2 well what can I say its an awesome phone in every way, its not to big even though I have been asked if it is a portable TV on a few occasions, lol, Okay so WM 6.5 is on its way out but who cares there is loads of apps for it and new ones being developed all the time, great new mods for it, it does everything i can think of that a laptop can do. I see loads of people moaning on XDA forus moaning that they want Android on the HD2 to be honest I'm not really that fussed if I think about it, there are plenty of ROM's to choose from and many different ways you can set the phone up I cant see why you would want it.

It also plays Playstation 1 games now you are able to also use the Playstation 3 Controller to play the games which makes it even more fun.

What really bugs me is when people ask what phone they should get how do I no what you're needs are, you go pick up a phone that you like and want, I would advise you to get a Smartphone every time because thats what I like and I thoroughly enjoy using, but your not going to get the same pleasure as I do from from spending the best part of all Bank Holiday Monday trying to get my phone to boot because I may have bricked it lol (yes that did happen yesterday).

1 comment:

  1. Now also I own the Desire, Desire HD, and Samsung Galaxy. and looking at the Dell Streak to mess around with.

    ReplyDelete