Thursday 3 June 2010

Windows 7 64bit - Bluray

So just spent the last few hours trying to get a decent Blu-ray software for the new laptop, hhmm ok I'm not spending the best part of £75 that's just bull shit, I remember when my pc first came with a DVD drive it came with CyberLink DVD that worked nice till I found better solutions.

So i just been reading though a few forums to come upon this and find this funny as hell and so typical from MS. (source in the link}

"So let me get this straight. Microsoft chose not to support BluRay playback, by design. And your advise, as a Microsoft rep., is to get third party software, which Microsoft does not recommend ? I am more than a little surprised by your answer. Why has Microsoft, by design, not supported BluRay playback.
Please don't say because of codecs, that is not an answer. It is well within Microsoft capabilities to come up with codecs that will allow Windows 7 to play back BluRay. I don't think I need to tell you that there are hundreds of thousands of people who will be affected by my problem and it deserves a better answer than what you have given me."

Now this is just funny, and the laptop is going to be exchanged,

No comments:

Post a Comment